Storm Preparation Tips
There is a ton of talk right now with Hurricanes and September is also preparedness month. So our blogs will focus on things you can to do prepare for a hurricane or any type of large storm that can effect you (since we are in Ohio not a lot of hurricane threats).
Start with an easy to carry, watertight container – a large, plastic trash can will do, or you can line a sturdy cardboard box with a couple of trash bags. Next, gather the following items and place them in your kit:
- Water: 1 gallon per person per day. Fill plastic containers, such as soft-drink bottles.
- Water purification kit or bleach (use eight drops of regular bleach per gallon of water.
- Essential medications
- First-aid book and kit that includes:
- 20 emergency bandages of various sizes
- One 5 x 9 sterile dressing
- One roll of self-adhering elastic bandage
- Four various-sized sterile gauze pads
- One roll of 3-inch cohesive bandage
- Waterless alcohol-based sanitizer and wipes
- Medical grade non-latex gloves
- Adhesive tape, 2-inch width
- Anti-bacterial ointment
- Cold pack
- Small scissors
- CPR breathing barrier, such as a face shield
- Non-prescription drugs (e.g., aspirin or non-aspirin pain relievers)"
For more information visit: http://www.wral.com/food-and-supplies-checklist-for-storm-preparation/3283070/